The goal of this series is to provide a brief list of the top news stories each month for the energy and commodities trading and risk management industries. These stories come from some of the industry’s top sources, spanning from Bloomberg Businessweek to Oilprice.com.
Here’s What Happened in April:
- China: Electric Vehicle-To-Grid Technology Could Solve Renewable Energy Storage Problem
- Ontario Sees Carbon Caps System as Best Way to Cut Emissions
- TransCanada Abandons Quebec Oil Terminal for Beluga Whales
- Canadian Stocks Fluctuate as Railroad Slump Offsets Energy Gains
- EU Starts Second Antitrust Probe With Raids on Bioethanol Firms
- In France, Generals Block Wind Farms for Fear of Jamming Radar
- U.S. Shale Fracklog Triples as Drillers Keep Oil From Market
- Renewables Account for 75 Percent of New US Generating Capacity in First Quarter of 2015
- Petrobras Erases Corruption Probe Losses After Audited Results
- Saudi Arabia Is Burning Through Its Foreign Reserves at a Record Pace
Tune in next month for another edition of Pioneer Solutions’ Top 10 Energy, Commodities Trading and Risk Management news!
Pioneer Solutions is a global provider of next generation CTRM, ETRM, environmental management and financial and regulatory compliance solutions. Offering the latest in business processing capabilities with a modern data structure, Pioneer’s products offer the user a configurable environment that allows for customizable templates for STP workflow and user-defined custom formula entry. Serving some of the largest utilities and energy companies across the globe, Pioneer’s flexible solutions are designed for rapid deployment and easily adapt to clients’ unique business processes, model complex trading scenarios and automate business processes.