The goal of this series is to provide a brief list of the top news stories each month for the energy and commodities trading and risk management industries. These stories come from some of the industry’s top sources, spanning from Bloomberg Businessweek to Oilprice.com.
Here’s what happened in October:
- Low oil price means high anxiety for Opec
- U.K. and Germany See Good Chances of Early EU Carbon Fix
- Helping Hand: Oil Families Warm To The Idea Of Working With Private Equity
- Sinai Instability Remains A Hurdle For Egypt’s Energy Recovery
- EPA Releases Climate Plans on Fifth Anniversary of President Obama’s Sustainability Initiative
- China Filling Strategic Reserve With Cheap Oil
- Ukraine Facing Harsh Winter Due To Coal Shortages
- Russia, Ukraine sign interim gas supply agreement
- TransCanada files Energy East application
- Pioneer Solutions to Attend EMART Energy 2014
Tune in next month for another edition of Pioneer Solutions’ Top 10 Energy, Commodities Trading and Risk Management news!
About Pioneer Solutions
Pioneer Solutions is a global provider of next generation CTRM, ETRM, environmental management and financial and regulatory compliance solutions. Offering the latest in business processing capabilities with a modern data structure, Pioneer’s products offer the user a configurable environment that allows for customizable templates for STP workflow and user-defined custom formula entry. Serving some of the largest utilities and energy companies across the globe, Pioneer’s flexible solutions are designed for rapid deployment and easily adapt to clients’ unique business processes, model complex trading scenarios and automate business processes.