Welcome to August’s Top 10 Energy, Commodities Trading and Risk Management
The goal of this series is to provide a brief list of the top news stories each month for the energy and commodities trading and risk management industries. These stories come from some of the industry’s top sources spanning from Bloomberg Businessweek to Oilprice.com.
Here’s what happened in August:
- Mexico Opens New Era as Pena Nieto Signs Energy Law
- Louisiana’s Disappearing Coastline Threatens Entire U.S. Economy
- Scientists Turn Cigarette Butts Into Electrical Storage
- Bypassing Keystone: Canadian Firm Uses Loophole To Ship Oil Sands To U.S.
- How The Worsening Ukraine-Russia Crisis Will Affect Energy Markets
- Europe’s Green Energy Rules Cost U.K. $156 Billion
- China To Ban Coal Use In Beijing By 2020
- Deep Water Fracking Next Frontier for Offshore Drilling
- Renewable energy capacity grows at fastest ever pace
- Fight Brews on Changes That Affect Derivatives
Tune in next month for another edition of Pioneer Solutions’ Top 10 Energy, Commodities Trading and Risk Management news!
Pioneer Solutions is a global software provider of next generation Energy Trading and Risk Management (ETRM) Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS) & Enterprise Compliance Solutions. Pioneer’s comprehensive suite of products are designed specifically for utility and energy companies and offer a single seamlessly integrated platform that can handle all commodity types, risk exposures and compliance needs.
Offering the latest in business processing capability, Pioneer’s products offer the user a configurable environment that allows for customizable templates for workflow and user-defined custom formula entry. Serving some of the largest utilities and energy companies across the globe, Pioneer’s flexible solutions are designed for rapid deployment and easily adapt to clients’ unique business processes, model complex trading scenarios and automate business processes.