The goal of this series is to provide a brief list of the top news stories each month for the energy and commodities trading and risk management industries. These stories come from some of the industry’s top sources, spanning from Bloomberg Businessweek to Oilprice.com.
Here’s What Happened in December:
- China Forms $32 Billion Energy Company to Help Clean Up Beijing
- Oil Near Lowest Since ’09 With Supply at Year-End Record
- Sub-$55 Oil Has U.S. Drillers Idling Most Rigs in 2 Years
- Energy Bargain Hunters Plow Record Amounts Into ETFs
- Canadian Oil Surge to U.S. Gulf Puts Mexico on Defensive
- Cuomo to Ban Fracking as Health Officials Call It Unsafe
- Geopolitics Key to South Africa’s $100 Billion Nuclear Plan
- EU Targets Chinese Solar Once Again
- Morocco Eyes LNG Options For New Plant
- Bankers See $1 Trillion of Zombie Investments Stranded in the Oil Fields
Argus Americas Crude Summit 2015 | January 27-29th: Houston, TX
Tune in next month for another edition of Pioneer Solutions’ Top 10 Energy, Commodities Trading and Risk Management news!
About Pioneer Solutions
Pioneer Solutions is a global provider of next generation CTRM, ETRM, environmental management and financial and regulatory compliance solutions. Offering the latest in business processing capabilities with a modern data structure, Pioneer’s products offer the user a configurable environment that allows for customizable templates for STP workflow and user-defined custom formula entry. Serving some of the largest utilities and energy companies across the globe, Pioneer’s flexible solutions are designed for rapid deployment and easily adapt to clients’ unique business processes, model complex trading scenarios and automate business processes.