Welcome to February’s Top 10 Energy & Risk News Highlights.
The goal of this series is to briefly showcase the top news stories each month for the Energy, Trading, and Risk Management industries. These stories come from some of the industry’s best resources spanning from Bloomberg Businessweek to Oilprice.com.
As you may notice this month’s blog focuses a great deal on government and regulations such as EMIR, REMIT, and Dodd-Frank. These continue to be hot topics both in Europe and the US.
Here are the top selections for this month:
- In a statement by Commissioner Michel Barnier, the European parliament announces their decision to approve EMIR.
- 11 States Challenge the constitutionality of Dodd-Frank – video. Read the latest update on this story here.
- The future of the U.S. and how natural gas will play a pivotal role.
- Renewable energy industry is hoping for the same tax and financing benefits as oil and gas companies.
- BP oil spill trial proves to be bad for business.
- Energy and the State of the Union
- The EU urges US to adopt Basel III for sake of world’s financial stability.
- After elections in December 2012, Japan now plans to keep nuclear power after all.
- Utility companies want a role in greenhouse gas emissions rule-making.
- Future of nuclear power: American made mini reactors.
And just for fun :
About Pioneer Solutions
Pioneer Solutions is a global software provider of next generation Commodities and Energy Trading and Risk Management (C/ETRM) Environmental Management Information Systems (EMIS) & Enterprise Compliance Solutions. Pioneer’s comprehensive suite of products are designed specifically for utility and energy companies and offer a single seamlessly integrated platform that can handle all commodity types, risk exposures and compliance needs.
Offering the latest in business processing capability, Pioneer’s products offer the user a configurable environment that allows for customizable templates for workflow and user-defined custom formula entry. Serving some of the largest utilities and energy companies across the globe, Pioneer’s flexible solutions are designed for rapid deployment and easily adapt to clients’ unique business processes, model complex trading scenarios and automate business processes.